CPA offers the Type C design for small diameter (2 inch to 4 inch) applications that do not have a flange available for flow conditioner installation. The Type C is designed to be inserted into the pipe and held in place by a set screw. Since the Type C is fully enclosed by the pipe wall, it is not considered pressure containing and does not have any specific pressure rating.
Both the TBR and TBRL have a partial countersink is machined into the side of the flow conditioner to receive a 3/8 inch set screw. The TBR does not have a preferred direction and is geometrically bidirectional, either face can be upstream or downstream without a loss in performance.
The TBRL was designed so that the offset sleeve is installed on the upstream side of the flow conditioner. The flush face of the flow conditioner should face downstream towards the flow meter.
A CPA TBR or TBRL can easily be installed into an existing pipe by following these steps.
1. Drill a 3/8“ hole into the pipe wall and tap a thread straight through the hole for a 3/8“ set screw.
2. Overtop of the hole, install a weldolet or a threadolet; ½“ or ¾“ is suggested.
3. Install the flow conditioner so that the set screw countersink aligns with the 3/8” hole in the pipe wall.
4. Thread the 3/8“ set screw into the pipe wall so that it rests in the flow conditioner countersink. Tighten until the flow conditioner cannot move side to side or rock axially in the pipe.
5. Make sure not to over tighten the set screw as this will damage the flow conditioner and cause unpredictable measurement deviations. The set screw is only for holding the flow conditioner in place and is not for containing pipe pressure.
6. Install a plug or bolt to seal the pipe.
The CPA TBR/TBRL can be used in meter run minimum lengths of 13D (5 internal pipe diameters upstream of the flow conditioner, and 8 internal pipe diameters downstream). At 13D the CPA generates a fully developed flow profile that falls within the ISO 5167 definition of fully developed pipe flow with minimal swirl. Please contact CPA for more information on using CPA flow conditioner in a 13D configuration.
For further information, do not hesitate to contact our experienced sales representatives, who will be able to help you choose the correct product for your specific needs.